Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Diabetic funnies

I participate actively on the CWD forums, and someone started a post of funny stories about diabetes, which made me realize how many stories I have. So here are the ones I thought of, comment and share your own!


First time my mom went away after dx (for 2 weeks=O) we were at church and my dad asked (from across the hallway) Jess were you high again this morning? I nearly died when the assistant pastor turned around and was like "What?"

My younger sister saw me reading the T-slim brochure and told me I was cheating on my pump;-) she was like 'what is his name?' 'steve' 'you're cheating on melmin!' 'Kate, melmin will always be in my heart...' 'yeah but steve will be in your pocket!'

first time I went low (at 3am) my dad was still half asleep and started to leave my room to get me juice, but he didn't see the cork board I had across the doorway to keep the dog out and ran right into it.... then chucked it across the hall and broke it in half=O you might say he had been a bit stress (it was two days after we got home)

Once my dad came and checked me at 2am and he thought I was awake but I was just sleep testing... when he left the room he said he'f be back in a few hours and I yelled "I'm locking my door!" luckily my door doesn't have a lock.... I still don't remember it!

My mom asks me every night "So whats your plan?" one time I told her that I planned to finish high school and go to college for nursing... then find prince charming and settle down;-)

one of the few times lows have messed with my brain (and I lost time) I stole my younger sisters cell phone and told a boy who was dating our friend that I was going to find him and string him up by his toes...

when I was in the hospital for dx a nurse came in all cheery and said "You can do anything even with diabetes... except fly a commercial plane and serve in the army." I looked at her deadpan and said "You just crushed my dreams." (she didn't) I think she almost cried!

When they were teaching my parents how to use the glucagon (As I just watched sort of creeped out) my dad was playing with the one they had shown them (it didn't have a needle) and he pretended to stab my mom in the leg. He scared her so bad she was across the room in like a second and wouldn't come back for a minute!

My friends find test strips (used) at their house and save them for weeks so they can give them back when I come over again.

A little boy I babysat saw my pump and asked what it was... I told him it was a battery pack and that I was really a robot... he believed me!

I finally got sick of people asking me if I could eat stuff and just said "nope" and kept on eating, the poor girl thought I was going to die! (but hey, she also thought that diabetes was a problem with your heart....)

ANd the best one ever....

I was at church, and a big joke with my friends is that people ask if I can eat things 'in my condition' like I'm pregnant or something... so one time a man I barley know came into the church kitchen and was like ' young lady I don't think that's on your diet!' and my friend stood up and yelled 'THE BABY IS FINE OKAY?' we nearly died and he hasn't spoken to me since!

No comments: