Friday, September 28, 2012

letting your guard down

Don't do it....

We as type one diabetics can never truly let our guard down... as sad as that is, it's life. I was reminded of this last night at about 1am....

I don't test at night much anymore... I guess I've just gotten cockey, I wear a dexcom... I hear it when it starts vibrating... I havent had a creepy stalker low in months... why should I check at night. (Duh, cause you never know whats going to happen!) Last night I had my mom come wake me up to test at 1am cause I was 342 (uggg) when I went to bed...and I really didn't want to be that high all night.

Well at 1am I was 80... no big deal right? I almost told my mom we could go back to sleep because I'd eaten and I was sure I'd come up after eating the better half of a banana... thank God I didn't because I was in the fifties five minutes later (do the math... that's crazy dropping!)

Well long story short, I didn't get back to sleep until 2am..=( and then I went up to 250+ and dropped back down to 110, then woke up at 196.... what a night!

So the moral of the story is, we can't take a break, we can't have the night off, we can't let our guard down... and maybe that scares me, but going to bed at night and not waking up scares me more.

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

The larger of two models. We recommend this one for heavy snow areas. This ingenious new product adds support Snow Guards and strength to your vent pipes, chimneys or masts while the innovative fin design cuts through and assists in the shedding of snow and ice from your roof.