Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sad post =(

Today, I went to a funeral.... for a 19 year old boy who I went to home school coop with... he OD'ed on drugs last week. He went to bed and when his mom went in to wake him up the next morning he was gone=(

Honestly so many things are running through my head, I knew this boy... not well but still, I knew him, he was my age...

One thing that stuck out to me is how he was found, because I know in my heart that this is a risk for me as well (not ODing) but simply 'not waking up'. it made me think of just one more way my life (and anyone with type one) is so different from other peoples. I'm not trying to be morbid, but in all honesty, I know its a possibility, none of us are promised tomorrow, and peeps with t1d have one more reason to keep short accounts.

I can't ignore my mom, when she calls me in the morning...

Because when she says 'are you getting up?'

she's really saying, 'are you alive?'

I can hear it in her voice...

I can't just pretend,

that I didn't hear her,

because it breaks my heart

everytime

she thinks, for that

split second,

that I'll never wake up

again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last part, about your mom calling you in the morning, made my heart hurt. I have that split second of fear, every morning with my daughter, I never thought that she could hear it in my voice. I hate diabetes for that.